Here’s a brief summary on how to make a good recording:
- Don’t use the video capture app in your device, because we won’t be using any video, as it complicates the production.
- Download an app to record your instrumental part, and learn how to use it. Some recommendations:
- Learn the basic recording features of the app. Please use the following settings:
- mp3 file type, which could involve a Conversion step, as offered within the app;
- 44kHz sample rate;
- 128kbps bit rate.
- A separate microphone on a stand will greatly improve the sound. You’ll need an appropriate adapter to connect the mic to your phone or PC.
- Microphone (or phone) placement will greatly affect the quality of the recording. Here is a good non-technical article on How to Mic Woodwinds and Brass.
- To get the best tempo synchronization, you’ll need to listen to a reference recording we’ll send you, while recording your part. That means you’ll need two devices: one to play back the reference recording (using headphones), and one to record your part. (There are ways to do this with just one device, but that’s a rather advanced technique that should be left to the more tech-savvy.)
- If any part of this is too complicated, let us know, and we’ll either solve the issue, or figure out a simpler (but lesser) alternative. Because of the inherent limitations of the process, the better we make each step, the better the overall result will be.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Past accomplishments include:
- Successful market entry of microprocessor-based electronic keyboard with PC interface
- Delivery of pre-production advanced-technology guitar amplifier
- Patent filing for novel MIDI-based musical instrument
AGC Systems has helped turn ideas into profitable businesses. Our capabilities include:
Product Development including product definition; technology development; cross-functional collaboration with design, engineering, manufacturing, finance; budget planning and management, product design process, developing white papers and project plans, project review presentations, prototype & test procedure development.
Technology Strategy & Implementation including needs assessment, requirements definition, technical specs, technology selection, vendor selection and management, assembly and management of implementation teams, documentation, and executive reporting. Intellectual Property management including developing/managing patent portfolios, patent evaluation, defense, assertion, litigation, and technology transfer.
Technology Policy & Expertise including interface with industry, regulatory & government agencies, technical standards, in-depth knowledge of technical issues and product functionality, understanding and development of US and international standards, including AES, ATSC, DVB and ISDB, as well as 4G/LTE/3GPP cellular telephony.
Our expertise includes:
- Audio/video systems architecture and integration
- Digital electronic design
- Startup strategy
- MPEG standards
- VSB/QAM/COFDM modulation systems
- MS Windows, Mac, Unix
- Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Hummingboard
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI)
- Radio & audio production
- Test systems design
- Long-distance photography
See selected papers.